Offering Video Consultations “Schedule Now”


Stop Foreclosure in Tennessee – Get a Bankruptcy Lawyer

If you have missed mortgage payments, you may be in danger of foreclosure. The foreclosure process can be confusing, and no one wants to lose their home. Reliable legal advice from The Pope Firm is just a phone call away. Call today for help with foreclosure prevention in Tennessee. 

Call Us at 865-213-3617

How Long Do You Have to Move Out After Foreclosure in Tennessee?

In Tennessee, the foreclosure process doesn’t require a court hearing. Once you fail to make a payment, the creditor can serve a notice of foreclosure by mail or phone. After 30 days, the state can hold a foreclosure sale, and the loan servicer can force you to leave your home.

Unfortunately, if the foreclosure sale does not cover your remaining balance, the loan lender can also come after you for the deficiency. Get help before you lose your house. An experienced foreclosure attorney from our team can help you through this process and find other ways to pay your mortgage. Bankruptcy is one option.

Is Tennessee a Judicial Foreclosure State?

Most Tennessee foreclosures are nonjudicial. However, sometimes you may have to go through the court system to get a deficiency judgment. Deficiency judgments allow the lender to collect the missing mortgage payment amount from you over time.

If you need help with foreclosure avoidance or mortgage debt, we’re here to assist. Our team has helped countless Tennessee residents avoid foreclosure and get their financials in order. 

How Can I Stop a Foreclosure Sale Date?

You may be able to work out a payment or forbearance plan with your lender, but if they are unable or unwilling to do so, your best option is to hire an attorney.

A foreclosure attorney will give you information on filing for Tennessee bankruptcy in your zip code. Bankruptcy can reduce your mortgage payments while allowing you to keep your house, thus giving you more time for foreclosure prevention.

Our skilled team of foreclosure lawyers can help you understand loan modification, deficiency law, loss mitigation, and immigration law. You can halt foreclosure proceedings and save your home with our help.

How Can HUD Help Me Avoid Foreclosure?

The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has resources on its website for mortgage assistance in Tennessee, including contact info for foreclosure prevention counseling, financial assistance programs, and legal assistance.

We are part of their lawyer referral service for legal assistance in Tennessee. You can reach our office by phone at 865-213-3617  in Knoxville, 423-426-9064  in Kingsport, or 423-929-7673 in Johnson City. Alternatively, send us your contact information via our website form, including a good phone number, and we’ll get back to you.

Our team is experienced in foreclosure, bankruptcy, and real estate law. We can help you protect your property—you don’t have to give up your home with The Pope Firm on your side.

The information shared here should not be taken as legal advice and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Locations to Serve You


5315 North Broadway
Knoxville, TN 37918


Johnson City

404 East Watauga Ave.
Johnson City, TN 37604




Johnson City

Free Case Consultation

Fill out the form for a no obligation consultation

Step 1 of 4

discuss your situation with one of our professionals today